View Single Post
Old 11-10-2008, 11:23 AM   #6 (permalink)
David Waring
InformedTrades Founder
Community Host

Thanks Stats
Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):

Hi pkevl,

Thanks for the comment I am glad you like the site.

When trading on FXCM's Regular account (formerly the mini account) you trade a 10K lot size where the minimum margin requirement is $50 per 10K traded.

Keep in mind however that this is the minimum margin requirement. If, for example, you have $10,000 in your account and trade 1 lot of USD/JPY then you have $10,000 in your account and $10,000 in open exposure. In this example the minimum margin requirement remains at $50 however you are not using any leverage because your account equity and open exposure are the same.

So, in short, you don't need to change the margin requirement on the account level, because you control how much leverage you use by how many positions you open in relation to how much money you have in your account.

Let me know if that does not make sense.

Best Regards,
Dave

Disclaimer: Trading is risky and can result in substantial financial loss. As always my posts are simply one traders opinion and should not be taken as trading advice. I am not a financial adviser so everyone please do their own analysis and take responsibility for their own trades.
David Waring is offline   Reply With Quote