View Single Post
Old 11-09-2008, 02:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
David Waring
InformedTrades Founder
Community Host

Thanks Stats
Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):

Hi Pkevl and Uahmed,

Glad to hear from you and welcome to the community.

As the former FXCM Mini Account which traded 10K lot sizes gives traders the added flexability of trading a smaller contract size without taking anything else away from the trader, FXCM has switched all of their new accounts recently to trade the 10K contract size. So, with this in mind everything you see on the platform is going to be 1/10th of what I am showing in the videos where I am using a 100K contract. If you would like to trade 100K instead of 10K you can simply change the contract size to 10, 10K contracts which will get you the same thing.

The one exception here is leverage as on the Mini account the leverage offered is $50 per 10K contract which comes out to 200 to 1. With this in mind are you sure that you are not seeing $50 in the used margin column when you trade 10K and not $500?

If thats not the case or if there are any other questions please let me know.

Best Regards,
Dave

Disclaimer: Trading is risky and can result in substantial financial loss. As always my posts are simply one traders opinion and should not be taken as trading advice. I am not a financial adviser so everyone please do their own analysis and take responsibility for their own trades.
David Waring is offline   Reply With Quote