View Single Post
Old 10-13-2008, 05:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
David Waring
InformedTrades Founder
Community Host

Thanks Stats
Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):

Hi Arianne,

Glad to hear from you.

The spread on the micro lot works exactly the same way as on the standard and mini platform but, as the contract size is 1/100th of the standard contract and 1/10th the size of the mini contract the dollar cost of the spread is also 1/100th of the standard account and 1/10th of the mini account.

So for example if the spread on the EUR/USD is 2 pips for example then this would be 20 cents on the micro account, $2 on the mini account, or $20 on the standard account.

FXCM is a very liquid company with over $78 Million in liquid assets listed on the last CFTC Financials Report. In addition to this, the company does not rely on the debt markets to finance their operations. With these two facts in mind, in my opinion FXCM is a safe company to have money with in the current environment.

Hope that helps. If there are any other questions or comments please feel free to post as always.

Best Regards,
Dave

Disclaimer: Trading is risky and can result in substantial financial loss. As always my posts are simply one traders opinion and should not be taken as trading advice. I am not a financial adviser so everyone please do their own analysis and take responsibility for their own trades.
David Waring is offline   Reply With Quote